What you can do to safeguard your pet
- Be sure your pet wears a current rabies tag, license tag, and an ID tag with your current address and phone numbers. If you have a bird, record his band number.
- Make certain your address and phone numbers on file are up to date with the veterinarian who provided your pet’s most recent vaccinations.
- Contact your veterinarian to get a microchip ID for your pet. Keep your contact information current with the microchip registry.
- Spay or neuter your pet. Sterilization eliminates an animal’s reproductive instincts and decreases the chances of them straying from home.
- For more information, visit mdawalliance.org.