I lost my pet. What can I do to find them?
If you’re searching for a your lost pet, please search our Lost & Found page on our website, which is updated every 30 minutes. If you see your pet online, please take note of the animal ID and email us at [email protected] or call 720.523.PETS (7387).
If you don’t see your lost pet on our Lost & Found page, the tips below may be helpful in finding your lost pet.
- Your pet’s finders may be trying to contact you. Immediately call the microchip company where your pet’s chip is registered to verify your phone number and address are up-to-date in their records.
- Contact the organization where you licensed and/or rabies vaccinated.
- Check websites such as craigslist.org, fidofinder.com, 24Petconnect.com, nextdoor.com (for the neighborhood where your pet was lost), 911parrotalert.com, pawboost.com, and the Facebook pages for Colorado Pets Lost & Found and Tri-County Lost & Found Pets to see if someone has posted your pet.
- Personally look for your pet. The description you give over the phone may not match someone else’s description of them. Act fast and check every local shelter daily. Many pets are found more than 10 miles from where they were lost.
- Leave a lost pet report and current photo at all shelters you visit.
- Contact your local Animal Control Agency.
- Notify friends and neighbors that your pet is lost.
- Contact veterinary practices in your area that may come across your lost pet.
- Post flyers in a three-mile radius of where they were lost.
- If your pet has been missing for more than five days, check pets that are for adoption at local shelters.
- Leave an item of your clothing, your pet’s bedding or toys, or cat’s litter box outside to help guide your pet back home.
- Don’t give up! Pets can be found months after they’re lost.
Local Animal Shelters - Lost & Found Pages
- Riverdale Animal Shelter
- Aurora Animal Shelter
- Denver Animal Shelter
- Dumb Friends League
- Foothills Animal Shelter
- The Gabriel Foundation (Birds Only)
- Humane Society of Boulder Valley
- Humane Society of the South Platte Valley
- Intermountain Humane Society
- Longmont Humane Society
- NOCO Humane
- Rocky Mountain Feline Rescue