Animal Control

Animal Control

Please be aware Riverdale Animal Shelter does not provide animal control services.

If you have a life-threatening emergency, please contact 911.

For support with animal control-related issues in your home, neighborhood, or place of business, please call the number of the city you reside in below. You may also click on the city name to view more information on the animal control services and specific animal ordinances in your community.

Assistance with wildlife:  

For your safety, if you or your children encounter an ill, injured, or deceased bat, skunk, raccoon, coyote, or fox, do not handle or touch the animal. Contact your local animal control agency below or the Colorado Parks and Wildlife Headquarters at 303.297.1192 or by visiting their page specific to conflicts with wildlife at Colorado Parks and Wildlife.

Animal Control Numbers

*Unincorporated Adams County 303.288.1535
 Arvada 720.898.6850
 Aurora 303.326.8288
*Bennett 303.644.3249
*Brighton 303.288.1535
*Commerce City 303.288.1535
*Federal Heights 303.428.8539
*Lochbuie - Dogs Only 303.659.1395
*Northglenn 303.288.1535
*Thornton 720.977.5150
 Westminster 303.658.2540 *4360

*Shelter with Riverdale Animal Shelter