Foster with us!
Volunteer with us!
Currently, we have a ton of amazing volunteers available to help, therefore our volunteer application process continues to remain closed until at least March 1, 2021. Until then, please see our requirements below to ensure the best possible fit with Riverdale Animal Shelter.
We love our volunteers! They’re dedicated, compassionate individuals who play a important role in our animals’ success, and we couldn’t do what we do without them!
- Provide care and affection in our kennels.
- Help us exercise and train our animals while they await their forever home.
- Assist the community with locating lost and found pets, or with adoptions at the shelter or during community events.
- Assist with our monthly low-cost vaccinations clinics or community events.
- Temporarily foster animals in need.
Perhaps the most important benefit of joining our volunteer team is your involvement in improving the lives of the pets that come through our doors, and the fulfillment that brings.
During your volunteer time here, you may also:
- Explore the field of animal welfare.
- Meet new friends.
- Develop new skills.
- Be smothered in dog kisses and cat cuddles!
How to join our volunteer team:
- At least 16 years of age
- Able to make a six-month commitment of approximately two hours per week
- Attend a mandatory volunteer orientation and hands-on training sessions (as needed)
- Undergo a background check
- Volunteer orientations occur every 2-3 months
Once we’ve received your application, we’ll contact you via email regarding our next available orientation.
Have more questions about volunteering? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.