Love your pets? License them!
A dog license is another way to safeguard your pet as, with it, you may be contacted immediately if your missing pet is found. In many cases, our animal control partners bring your pet directly home. All dogs of residents in unincorporated Adams County are required to have a dog license.
More things to know about licensing your dog:
- A dog license must be renewed each year.
- A dog license is free if your dog is spayed/neutered and its rabies vaccination is current. (Your pet must have a current rabies vaccination certificate, as well as a certificate of spay or neuter.)
- The cost to license an unspayed or unneutered dog is $25.
You may obtain a license in person at our shelter. Our hours of operation are:
- Monday - Friday, 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.